Contact, support, feedback for OSDL's community
Different means are available in order to give and take more informations about everything related to OSDL:
- OSDL's "every topic" mailing list is email@example.com.
You have to subscribe first (just send a mail from a valid address and specify
subscribe as subject).
Please, do not hesitate to send a mail to that list! [list main page]
- you have found a bug in LOANI, Ceylan or OSDL? If you are using LOANI, we advise you to use the
generateBugReport.sh script at the root of your extracted LOANI archive. The most reliable alternate way of letting us know is to send a detailed mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (no registering to list required). Please specify in this case:
Thanks a lot!
- the platform and tools you were using (ex:
Gentoo 1.4 on an Athlon 2800+ with a Radeon 9200 (128 Mb), using gcc 3.2.2 and SDL 1.2.7)
- the full versions (major-minor-release or even tag) of our project modules (ex:
Ceylan-0.2.1 tag STABLE_20040227)
- what you did to obtain the abnormal behaviour
- the exact error messages you got
- trackers, task managers, and so on, are to be found through OSDL's SourceForge interface. We preferred using another forum system, since the Sourceforge's one does not seem that good to us
- we form a small community around a club for game programming. It is called Circle of the Floodlit Coypus (the litteral translation of the french Club des Ragondins IlluminÚs) and is available in real life ( meetings from time to time) and on IRC [more info about the club] (in French only)
- an IRC channel, which can be found in eu.undernet.org, on the channel named
#osdl-club. As we seldom are on IRC, one should preferably use our mailing list to suggest an appointment before
- you can also send a mail to the main OSDL author, Olivier Boudeville
All those means of communication are free for read/write operations, for OSDL's members and for others (except the forum which require an easy registration before one being able to post).
Please note that, for the moment, there is, in some way, a kind of mix between the means of communication for our library, OSDL, and for the community that uses it, i.e. mainly our club for game creation, the famous Circle of the Floodlit Coypus. At the moment, both community are gathered in one [More infos].
In a few words, everyone is welcome to express himself about OSDL, so please do not hesitate and tell us what you want!
We changed a couple of times of mailing-list system:
- We began with email@example.com, which was convenient but suffered too frequently of random delays (up to 48 hours to have a mail delivered!). We therefore moved, but made so that every other list has been subscribed to this one, therefore its archive contains all of our messages
- After, we used firstname.lastname@example.org, which did not provide archive, and seemed to loose some mails, and duplicated others. So we moved again
- We currently use email@example.com
If you have information more detailed or more recent than those presented in this document, if you noticed errors, neglects or points
insufficiently discussed, drop us a line!
Last update: Sunday, April 5, 2009